Saturday, February 12, 2011

MOVIE REVIEW: BLACK SWAN

So I'm back with a movie review again. I know I had one up yesterday but I've been catching up on my movies since I have a little free time. But this time is Black Swan. It's about a ballerina (Natalie Portman) who strives to be perfect but her perfection turns into a battle against herself. It's actually quite hard to explain so I leave you with the trailer below.


Now from the trailer, you won't think it was some sort of horror film. That's what I got from it in the beginning but as I started watching it, I quickly came to realize that it was more psychological which made it even more interesting.

I honestly can't even begin to explain what the movie is about. It's just one of those things you just have to watch. It has very disturbing images (broken finger/toe nails, which I get grossed out by, masturbation, etc.) but it is very beautiful and well constructed (costumes and dancing). If you're not into ballet, I wouldn't recommend it since that is what the movie is about but if you don't mind, then definitely go ahead. I would just advise against watching it with your mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment