Saturday, January 22, 2011

RELEASE YOUR INNER NERD!

I know. I've been gone over a week after I just said I was going to update this blog more often but you have to admit, updating a blog is like a full time job and I'm already a full time college student. But the real reason why I haven't been updating this blog (yes, I'm going to be honest) is because of that picture below.


Yes I just discovered World of Warcraft. The hugest MMO game in the world with over 8 million subscribers. I got the free trial about a week ago and I have been playing it almost religiously. I heard a bunch of talk about Cataclysm coming out and I was like "What the heck is that?" So I researched and I decided to try it and see what all the fuss was about.

I started out as a night elf. I wanted to be a blood elf but I don't have The Burning Crusade expansion pack. Now I'm playing as a Gnome Priest. I love the gnome although I didn't think I would. My trial is almost up in about a day and I've been seriously contemplating whether or not I want to upgrade. My final decision is that I might.

I'm getting a MacBook pretty soon so maybe I'll wait or maybe I'll get it now and just transfer my account to my laptop. All I know is I'm addicted and while I'm sitting here writing about it, I could be playing the game.

If you like interacting with others and killing stuff, then this game is definitely for you. If you have the money of course. If you're not sure, you can definitely try it for free here. You get a 10 day free trial and then you can upgrade if you would like. And don't worry, if you get addicted like me and your free trial ends, your characters will still be there when you upgrade. Only thing is that it takes forever to download because it is such a huge file. So make sure you have at least a little over 1GB of RAM. It took over 12 hours for my computer to download it so make sure you don't put your computer to sleep. Unless you'll be on your computer for 12 hours?

Anyways, definitely go check it out and if you already play, let me know how addicted you are.

P.S. I know WoW isn't a nerdy game. Or maybe it is. Either way, I'm hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment